Happy New Year, you guys! I know, it’s February, but it’s my first post of the year and I couldn’t start it without wishing you! I’m probably being very presumptuous when I say ‘you guys’, because I really doubt if anyone is even looking at this! Do people read blogs anymore? I totally do, but I don’t know anyone else who does.
My last post was about breakfast bowls, after quite a while of blogging about travel! I guess it was a return to what I originally meant my blog to be – a little bit of everything – hence the name all mix fruit juice! And that’s how it’s going to be hereafter. (Something about the knowledge that very few people are reading your blog makes it easier to stop curating too much!)
2017 was very chaotic – a mixed bag of fun and stress. I am very grateful, though, because God has been extremely kind to us. My resolution for 2018 is to get fitter, both physically and mentally, and to lead a gentler lifestyle. I’m thinking I’ll do monthly updates here about how all of this is going.
So here are the things I started doing regularly in January:
1. Exercising regularly, 4 to 5 times a week.
2. Avoiding dairy most of the time, and eating clean overall.
3. Writing meditation – (it is the practice of repetitive writing, while sitting in silence. Look up likhita japa if you’re curious about this)
4. Wearing sunscreen every single day, whether I’m indoors or outdoors.
5. Going to bed earlier. (this is a direct result of exercise – the days I don’t exercise, I can’t fall asleep as easily)
I’m being pretty disciplined, and I’m happy about it 🙂